Friday, May 14, 2010

You Would not Believe Your Eyes if 10,000 Fireflies...


There is one song in the current world of music on the radio that I absolutely detest. (Okay there are probably thousands that I detest, but on my station there is one that bugs me above all others.) It's not necessarily a horrible song - in fact I liked it at first - but now it has been so over played, plus it is one of those that gets stuck in your head for the while blasted day after just hearing it once. (and even now as I type away it is suddenly stuck back in my brain. Blah!) The song of which I speak is "Fireflies" by Owl City. (If you have been fortunate enough to never have heard this song, save yourself now - do not search it out to hear it.)


My kids are obsessed with this song. And they know I am not fond of it in any way shape or form. They often say things like "I know what song you love - fireflies!" or "Mom loves the fireflies song" or "you should put Fireflies on your mp3 player!" Oaklee has found herself to be funny lately and yesterday in the car she shouts "Mommy loves fireflies, ha ha!" then she follows that with "you got burned to the edge!" She freakin cracks me up!!


Later in the day as we were once again driving along in the car, the song actually came on the radio and Oaklee immediatly shreiks "ew! I hate this song! Turn it off already!" Hilarious.

1 comment:

Ara said...

I enjoy the song, but then I don't listen to the radio too much. I can definitely see how the song would get old though.