Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A New Method?

Every night near bedtime, Jersi begins her scream-fest. Most nights I find myself just holding her until she finally quiets, and then continuing to hold her forever long after that (because I know the moment I set her down she will be right back awake and crying and the cycle starts all over again) There are some nights however that I am just plain tired of holding the beautiful girl.  Last night was one such night. I handed her to Kamron after going through this cycle far too many times. I left the room for a few moments and when I returned I found this concoction added to her bed:
























This is a blanket I made for Kamron last year or the year before - it is super warm and super soft (very furry). It worked like a charm. I don't know if she liked the warmth of it or what - but she stayed sleeping in her bed until 1 AM! After feeding her however, she refused to nicely return to her bed.  Maybe it's me. Maybe Kamron has a secret technique to laying her down. No idea - but I seriously need to get it figured out so I can get me some much needed sleep like I did for a few hours last night. (thanks again Kam!)

1 comment:

Ara said...

If we lived closer to each other, I would gladly volunteer to come hold Jersi (even if it was the middle of the night), so you could get some sleep. I miss holding babies.