Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not Quite What You May Think

Last night a fellow classmate, upon learning I have 8 children in my home, responded with "Wow, you're amazing!" Hm. Not so much. It may seem amazing that I have 8 kids, and most days I may even look all put together. But I have a few confessions to make.
*Most days are "Fly by the seat of our pants" days.
*My room looks like a whirlwind of sorts came flying through, twice.
*Laundry? No idea when that'll get done.
*Patience sometimes runs a little short
*My kitchen has far too many flies claiming it as home.
*Prior to last night I maybe had 2 hours of sleep over the course of the past 3 nights.
*I get frustrated with my innocent little 4 week old when she won't let me sleep, or get anything done because she needs to be held constantly.
*I'm not entirely sure when I last showered.
*I think I've barely spoken to Morrissa in the past week, because I've just been so chaotically overwhelmed.
*The simplest things overwhelm me. Even making a needed phone call to pay a bill stresses me out.
*The semester started 2 weeks ago (ish) and I'm already behind on my homework.
*If I get all three youngest kids dressed in clean clothes each day, it's a miracle.
*It's been a rough week.
*And where on earth is my Drivers Liscense? (This is stressing me completely out)
Yesterday I finally had a total broken down moment. I sat on my bed after not having slept all night, thinking of everything I needed to get done for the day and I just cried. Dayton found me crying, got a very worried look on his face, crawled up next to me, put his arm around me and said, "All better!" Too cute. Then last night I returned home from school around 10 to find Kamron waiting up for me. He offered to take Jersi for a while so I could sleep. I'm not sure how long she lasted that way, probably a couple hours - but it was perfect and I am so grateful to Kamron for seeing what I needed and acting on it. I texted him this morning and thanked him. He responded by telling me that he'd do it for me every night if I'd like. Oh Thanks Kamron. I love you.
See, I may not be as put together as I seem - or anywhere close to amazing - but I have wonderful family that jumps in when I need them.

SIDENOTE: I love my Mom. As I was typing this up this morning she called and volunteered to drive all the way down here to help me out for a couple hours. To my knowledge she had no clue how rough my week has been - but somehow she knew I needed her. See, I have wonderful family. (And I love them) (Thank you mom!)

No comments: