Monday, September 13, 2010

Series of Events

Frequently at my house, I get a nightly nightmare visit to my room, occasionally it's Kyndi, but mostly it is Oaklee. There are tears and everything, every night. I recently came up with the best fix for this issue. I told both girls if they wake up scared, to just crawl into the other's bed. Brilliant idea.  More on this in a minute... Last night bedtime went pretty much as usual. I fed Jersi around midnight and by 1 she fell asleep in bed with me until we were awoken by Kyndi around 3. This was not a nightmare visit - no this time she came in proclaiming: "My mouth is all stuffy!" (What?!?) Without a clear idea of what this meant, I advised her to go get a drink and she'd be okay. She was still crying so I laid Jersi down and went to talk to her - turns our her stuffy mouth is actually an incredibly soar throat and she feels like it's swollen and hard to breathe. Not good. Off to the medicine cabinet we go.
Upon returning Kyndi to her room I notice that Oaklee is sound asleep in Kyndi's bed. Oh wow, did my plan actually work? Not as well as I thought...more on that in a minute. Jersi was awake and crying when I returned to my room I fed her and by 4 I finally had her back to sleep. (this in itself is a miracle folks) She was even in her own bed (this is also a miracle) I got some actual sleep until she woke up screaming again. Out of curiosity i looked at my phone to check the time. 6:22. This was a problem. Why? Because Kamron leaves the house at 6:15 every morning and here he was still sound asleep next to me. "Kamron, it's almost 6:30" "What?! Why didn't my alarm go off? Where is my phone?" (His alarm is on his phone) "I don't know, where did you leave it last night?" "I put it right here, and plugged it in" "Are you sure" "Yes, I'm sure" "I'll call it and see if you can hear it ring"  That we did, and he finally found it. In bed with Oaklee.  WHAT?!?! When exactly did that happen? It had to have been between 1 and 3 - but how did I not hear her?  How often does she seriously frequent my bedroom in the night and I' not aware of it?  Is she sleep-walking? Seriously. She's crazy! And it worries me a wee bit... what else could she be doing in the night? 
Anywho - with all this said, it's a good thing the Little Lady woke up at 6:22.

No comments: