Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2nd and 3rd mistakes of monday

2 other mistakes of Monday and they both include the bookstore.

Mistake number 1 - the bookstore, three kids aged three and under, no carts and books everywhere within the 1 year old's reach. I think that's pretty much enough said on that one. I'll leave the rest to your imagination as I am certain your imagination will not even come close to the disaster that was created.

Mistake number two - telling Kyndi she could choose one book to buy... She immediately found a really cute My Little Pony Book all about a Halloween pumpkin party, "I want this one!" that decision lasted all of 4 seconds until she found a dora one and then a princess one and then a snow white one, then scooby doo, then Little Einsteins, and on and on and on. I think she located more books in a 5 minute period than I even realized they had in that section. And each time she made her 'final decision' she found a different one to replace it. wow, note to self, don't give Kyndi such big decisions, from here on out give her 2 or 3 things to choose from, not 5.2 million.
After about 15 minutes I told her I was leaving the store in 2 minutes and she needed to know which book she wanted by then or she wouldn't be getting one today. She put all the books in her hands onto the little table and said "In that case, I know exactly which one I want!" She ran over to the Halloween display and picked up the My Little Pony pumpkin one. That was her final decision and we paid and left the store. Wow, all of that for the original book she wanted. What's that old adage? ...Like Mother like daughter...

1 comment:

Rachel Banks said...

I can totally appreciate that post.