Sunday, October 12, 2008

14,000 things to be happy about

So I one time owned a book titled 14,000 things to be happy about and I really enjoyed picking it up from time to time to alleviate the blues or stress or whatever there was in my life that day. Well, I lost this book. Solution? I will now keep a daily list of simple life things that make me happy. In doing so I believe I will find the good news on daily life and leave behind the bad… so here we go… The easiest & most obvious ones first:

  1. Kamron

  2. Dayton

  3. Oaklee

  4. Kyndi

  5. Tate

  6. Morrissa

  7. Tyson

  8. The fact that I am only 2 kids away from my goal of 8 (but then Kamron points out that 9 would be good for our own baseball team) …

  9. My brothers and sisters

  10. A van that holds *most* of my kids

  11. Camera phones so I can take a picture of the crickets in my house and text them to my sister so she can share in my fear of them.

  12. Little girls who love to eat lotion
    Tiny toothbrushes

  13. Rainy days

  14. The smell of rain

  15. Having my Christmas shopping done by the first week of October

  16. Proper grammar

  17. Employment

  18. As an adult I can choose white bread over wheat bread at the store

  19. A lot of people think I am only 20 years old

  20. The looks on people’s faces when they learn I have 6 kids

  21. My cousin Jake who calls to check on me from time to time

  22. BYU football

  23. Freshly painted walls

  24. 70 degree weather

  25. Music

  26. The fact that one day I convinced my younger brother to swallow a coin (dime, nickel, quarter?) to see if M&Ms would come out

  27. Gophers

  28. Duct tape

  29. Little kids pushing all the ‘try me’ buttons at the store

  30. Flip flops

  31. Funeral potatoes

  32. I still have my tonsils and my appendix oh and my wisdom teeth

  33. Snowcones

  34. Disneyland

  35. Morrissa singing full blast with her headphones on

  36. Rainbow Brite

  37. Parakeets in freezers

  38. Penguins

  39. Daisies

  40. The letter K and the letter Y

  41. The song “Its All Coming Back to Me Now” by Celine Dion

  42. I can’t swim

  43. The funky spelling of my middle name (An)

  44. Troll dolls

  45. Lite Brites

  46. Cool Whip

  47. Family Photos

  48. Babies that snore

  49. Nicknames

  50. Bald babies

  51. A&W Rootbeer

  52. Wikipedia

  53. The comical words of 3 year olds

  54. fingerprints (and whole handprints) on the sliding glass door

  55. 1st grade crushes

  56. Kids eating sour candy

  57. baby wipes

  58. white picket fences

  59. ghost shaped placemats

  60. temporary tattoos

  61. lilacs

  62. magnadoodles

  63. digital cameras

  64. plumbers

  65. no need to write up a shopping list, I have Kyndi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of the kids!!! It is so creative and adorable!!!