Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What is my problem?!?!



All my life I have had quite the paranoia of weevil. This stems from a few rough experiences throughout my early existence. I fear now that this ‘paranoia’ has extended far beyond that and can now logically be titled a ‘phobia’ (though nothing about this phobia is anything close to logical)
Okay so I don’t want weevils in my food, who does? But the dislike of the tiny wormlike critters now prevents me from eating almost anything that does not come from my own home. I cannot eat Chinese because their little restaurants freak me out with the thoughts that weevils may be present, No fast food places, no gas station food (this includes drinks, candy, etc) no food from any associated food store (it has to be Walmart, and maybe Albertsons on a good day) If something has been in the fridge for more than 2 days I cannot eat it. Now, logic tells me that weevils are not in the fridge, but my phobia is not on a logical level. I have done extensive research and I know exactly where weevils come from, how they reproduce, what they feast on etc etc etc, but I can’t calm down on the matter. I want to, but can’t. If neighbors bring home-made cookies over I cannot eat them, what if there are weevil in their house?? Seriously, I need help. I hate this. It seems as if my phobia is in a constant growing state. Not fun. Kamron thinks I’m a total nutcase but weevil plain and simple are not my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm right with ya my dear. I don't blame ya.

Kayla Lynn Simmons said...

I don't like those either...i have a story about them.

Sam said...

Wow, i thought i had my issues with weavle. Sheesh!