Thursday, October 16, 2008

To dip or not to dip: that is the question



As a child I remember my dad dipping various things in his milk. Most vividly I remember him dipping his graham crackers and teaching us kids the 'correct dipping methods'.
Sharli was obsessed with ketchup, everything had to have ketchup. (we won't mention Sharli's favorite oatmeal topping...right mom?) Jameson tried out pizza dipped in lemonade and as I recall he quite enjoyed it. I'm sure my mom loves anything dipped in chocolate. I like potato chips in mustard and quesadillas dipped in italian dressing (I know, call me crazy... i think that started as a pregnancy thing) A few of the kids enjoyed cheese sandwiches dipped in chocolate milk... I don't remember Sam or Jonathan having any specific interesting food combinations but I do remember Sam preferred broccoli over peanut butter. And Jonathan and I had to have a complete dialogue before we'd even begin to eat our yogurt...

Now I have my own family, they all have their own likes and dislikes but none seem very drastic or even worth mentioning. Except Kyndi. She loves Ranch dressing. She calls it 'rench' in her own little accent which makes it sound more like 'wench' We have burritos she asks for wench, we have pizza or chicken nuggets she wants wench. I think many people have a similar liking for 'wench'. I do not believe however that today's concoction would fancy anyone's tastebuds.


Lunch time at our house consists of everybody rushing to make peanut butter sandwiches... fits of, "Hey I had that first!" and "Pass me the honey" ring out throughout the house and then all is quiet while they chew and enjoy their food. All except Kyndi who soon starts crying. Apparently Peanut butter, jelly, and wench do not have a very good flavor.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Haha! Bravo, bravo! If i could give you kudos i would. However, you failed to mention that Jameson also liked dipping his chicken in his chocolate pudding, and it was malt o meal not oat meal that wonderful day Sharli discovered and ate the dip of all dips.

Jonathan and Jen said...

"Looks gross, but tastes good....Hmmmm, I think I'll try some."