Thursday, October 23, 2008

Saturday Pastimes


Saturday pastimes at our house include yard-sales (attending them, thats Kamron's favorite) Going to baseball games (Tyson’s) and going to random places like the Monte L. Bean museum at BYU. The Bean museum is a favorite for the kids. Any given Saturday they’d choose to go there over many other places.
Do not let the name fool you, it is not a museum of beans. It is an animal museum. With real animals that have been gutted, stuffed and donated. The displays really are cool. The animals look the same as they would if they were still alive. You get much closer to these animals than you ever would at a zoo. They’re close enough to touch. It’s really interesting looking at all the different species…They have everything from lions, tigers and bears, to giraffes, wolves, and antelope, to fish, butterflies and mice. My favorites: The moose and the ostrich. Why? Because they scare the ever-lovin crap outta Oaklee!! She’ll wander around looking at all the animals. She loves them. She waves to every single one as she passes, but you take her up to the moose or the ostrich and she lets out this “aungh” and pulls back immediately. Its so stinkin funny!! And I’m such a good mom that I specifically take her to those exhibits every time we go! Next time I’ll take the camera…

Just a quick sidenote: If you attend the bean museum (which I highly recommend) avoid the basement. The basement is morbid. This is where the reptiles, the birds and the mice are and whereas displays for these animals could be really cool, they are not because the animals do not look anything close to alive, they are dead and shelves just lying there and half of them are floating in jars of formaldehyde. (wow my spell check tells me I spelled that word right on my first try!!)

2 comments:

Rachel Banks said...

You are the most amazing person ever! You just complimented me on my blog, and I have half the kids that you do. Plus, you take yours to do fun things. You rock.

Shani said...

I am officially blog stalking you. You can blog stalk me too. www.shaniquah.blogspot.com