Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jersi Girl


She's here, she's here! Who? Jersi Anastasya. (Anastasya is for my middle name An (yes I spelled that correctly) and also because my whole life I wanted to name twin girls Anastasia and Fantasia. Kamron picked this middle name without ever knowing about my childhood twin names... - so she's sorta named after me two-fold.) I love her name. Love it, love it!!! And Kamron picked it out!

Date of Birth:08/10/10 (I really wanted her on 8/9/10, and I had 4 hours to accomplish said task, but obviously that didn't work out so well...)
Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz
Height: 18 inches

My water broke in a trickle like fashion as I sat on the front porch Monday night at 7:45ish (I felt like a leaky faucet - I kept laughing at myself)...Kamron had to run and get Tyson from his football practice at the highschool... I waited and waited and waited... After soaking through 4 pairs of pants, we got to the hospital by 9 and I was dilated to a 3... By 3:30 AM there was no change and very few contractions... I was so ready to be done and my dr felt I'd just continue with this nonsense of no changes, so we opted for a C-section...(This ended up a very wise decision...more on that momentarily)

The worst part of any delivery for me is the IV, I know I know, whimpy but for some reason they hurt and I hate them. I got an epidural (this was by far the worst epidural ever, it hurt a million times more than any of mine previously. I was none too pleased)We proceeded to OR where they put me on the table, strapped my arms out perpendicular to my body and then covered them in what looked to me (from my lying down state) like a giant white garbage bag --> then they attached a hose to it and blew warm air into it which of course resulted in it inflating and I am quite certain I looked like some funny version of the Michelin Man or a snowman at the very least. (Side note, Epidurals make me shake uncontrollably, and it's almost scary to me. I hate it. This time too though the epidural numbed me up to my lungs and beyond so I felt I couldn't breathe and I started a series of panic attacks. Not too fun... but really oh-so-worth it!)

Kamron was fascinated by the surgery and didn't miss a second of it - My dr and the assisting dr were going along and after they had already sliced me open Dr Gammet said, "You ready to start?" Kam thought that was funny cuz they had already started. Next thing I know, my dr, (Dr Dayton) said "K you're gonna feel a ton of pressure" and she wasn't joking! I thought my ribs were gonna break! Kamron explained to me later that this was because my dr's entire body was off the floor pushing against my stomach to get the baby out... and then I heard that sweet little cry. Jersi was born at 4:07 AM. (The surgery barely started at 3:45) Dr Gammet held her up in the air for me to see over the curtain - then they weighed her and washed her and handed her to her daddy. I think my favorite part of the whole delivery was when Kamron then brought her into to me, put her face right by mine so I could kiss her. He did this without any words, he just knew it would mean something to me. I cried. I love babies.
(side note: apparently I wasn't ever progressing because Jersi had the cord around her neck two times which prevented her from descending - so it's VERY good that I opted for a C-section)
Other than some incision pain, I'm doing great and so is she!

And there you have my birth story (and here come some pictures too)
I'll continue another post tomorrow or so with some other fun tidbits (and more pictures)

4 comments:

Ara said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable! Glad to hear everything went well and you both are doing well.

Kelly and Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is precious! I am glad everything worked out well! She is super cute!

AnJ. said...

I head off for a camping trip and look what I miss! Congratulations. She's darling. I loved the UofU socks.
Glad you are okay. Try and get some rest. Ha! Ha! Ha! :)

Tawni Williams said...

She is beautiful! CONGRATS!