Monday, August 2, 2010

Summertime, and the Livin is Easy

Wow - I am just a wee bit delayed in my posting but here's the quick run down on the 24th of July (and a little about the 4th too)
Spanish Fork has Fiesta Days the week of the 24th - they do parades and a carnival and fireworks along with a bunch of other hoopla as well. The parade route isn't far from out house so we put the littles in the double stroller and headed out... (Tater-French wasn't with us as he was up staying with his dad for a few weeks...)

Best seat in the house and he got M&Ms (his fave)

Some dance group was performing in the parade and Oaklee could not be out-done so she started a pretty good routine of her own...

Dayton found many planes in the sky and pointed every single one of them out (mostly it was the same personal plane flying over and over and over us, and also we live near a helicopter school so there were many helicopters ("planes") too. That night we went to fireworks...we had excellent seats! They do the fireworks at the Sports Park so there was plenty of time to run around and have fun beforehand...and run around they did! Oaks fell asleep before the fireworks even started - she slept right through them. Dayton thought they were fantastic - Kam would say "cool" and Dayton would say 'cool'. "awesome" and Dayton would say 'awesome'. Anything Kamron said about the fireworks, Mr. Mimic would repeat. so cute. (Quite contrary to the 4th where he was quite worried over the fireworks until he realized they were all shaped like balls, then he was okay with them. (These fireworks pictures are sideways but i'm too tired to fix them, so just tilt your head)










For the 4th (since it was on a sunday) For the 3rd, we went to the BYU fireworks (technically the Stadium of Fire fireworks, but we weren't in the actual stadium. Oh no, why pay for the seats when you can sit anywhere on campus and hear all the performances and watch the fireworks. Delightful.
We went to Brigham City (where Kam's family is) for the 5th (monday) The city does a whole festivity at the park for the 4th - complete with hula hoop competitions, gunny sack races, three legged races and the like. (they do these for every age group...under 3, 4-6,.....up and up until 30+ ..my children were all so lovely as they pointed out that I now qualify for the 'old' group) It's a ton of fun. Tate won for his age group in the spin your head on a bat race. Kyndi won in, um, I don't remember, I'll hafta ask her. Oaklee somehow won the hulahoop contest for her age... I'm not certain if Tyson or Morrissa won any because they were mostly off with all their cousins. And Kimmi didn't compete. Kamron and I didn't compete either, me, for obvious large belly reasons and Kamron just couldn't be talked into it no matter how hard I tried...
I forgot my camera but I was fortunate enough that my sister-in-law (Krista) had a picture of Tyson gunny-sacking (pictured here with cousins Daniel and Jace, he's in the middle) (Doesn't he look like a teenager??)

Fireworks that night were pretty awesome, why? Cuz we had Kamron's little fishing boat out on the pond and that is where we watched the fireworks... so romantic (even though we had the 4 youngest on the boat with us) I loved the firework reflections in the water! I love fireworks. I love parades. I love July.

No comments: