Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kyndi-Garten

Kyndi started kindergarten today. She was so excited she woke up super early this morning. I was gonna wake her up at 7:15 and she was already up and dressed. Too cute. It was a stressful morning trying to get her ready and Jersi and the Littles all set to take her to school... Fortunately most mornings she and Tate can walk to school together.
She barely even ate any breakfast and I don't think the morning went near fast enough for her.
Once there Tate was helpful enough to stay with all the littles in the hallway whilst Kyndi and I ventured into her classroom. She put her backpack and jacket in her cubby and found her seat. She was far more prepared for me to leave than I was. She set right to work building with shapes. Tate and the Littles waved goodbye to her. She was grinning from ear to ear when we left. Cute girl. We go pick her up in about 20 minutes... (how does the time fly when she's at school?? Whoa!) We'll find out then how her day went...
Her "pose"
Update: They made a giant gingerbread man today - and he ran away! They found a "man in a gingerbread costume" a little while later and chased him around. Then they got to eat the gingerbread man they made. That was the excitement of her day. She says lots of kids cried but not her. She had fun. But "mom, they didn't even teach me to read today!!" I explained that she'd learn over time, today was just the first day. Her response: "You're right, maybe they'll teach me tomorrow"
After school when the bell rang her teacher walked them all out to find their mom's. Her teacher said, "If your mom or dad is here you can go ahead and leave, if not stand at the wall until they come" All the kids went running to their parents, Kyndi couldn't see me standing there so she walked to the wall and stood there. I paused to take a picture - but quite honestly it broke my heart that she thought no one was there to pick her up.

No comments: