Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There are 7 days, there are 7 days...

She's a week old already!! It's total madness. Seriously. In that amount of time she's managed to do some eating, some sleeping, some crying and some pooping. Impressive right?
I have found that she loves her swing - and she's such a midget in it.
Dayton has realized her name is Jersi and I love when he says it "Jurseez" (sometimes it even sounds like he says Jesus. He's so cute with her, and very protective, which is mostly cute but sometimes not so much. He'll yell at people and tell them off if they're touching her or looking at her without his permission. He even gets mad at me sometimes. Mostly hilarious.
Oaks loves her to death too - her and Dayton are constantly fighting over who gets to hold her. Oaklee is always telling me "she's so soft". When she says "Juhsee" It almost sounds like she actually has a Jersey accent.
Jersi makes alot of fun faces - but my two favorites are her kissy-face, she puckers her lips into a kiss and just hangs out like that for a while. My other fave is when she's sleeping she'll randomly sneak one eye open to peak out and then either shut it real quick or open them both. It's hilarious - like she's scoping out the room to see if she really wants to wake up or not. I love it. (sadly no pictures of either yet)
Adjusting to 8 kids is pretty ridiculously chaotic, but its working so far - I'm pretty sure they're all still alive... In fact I think they actually all got a bath/shower today, so that's a bonus.
I'm still not allowed to drive or do housework (bummer) or lift anything bigger than Jersi which causes me some grief at times... can't get Dayton in and out of bed,, can't pick him or Oaks up when they're having a rough day... and cannot go to the grocery store for something as simple as milk and that is driving me CRAZY!! Oh well. I'll enjoy the non-housework while I can!! And goo thing I have Game Show Network - to alleviate alot of my boredom. :)
Jersi struggles with staying asleep when no one is holding her - and since I'd really prefer to sleep without holding her, it makes for very rough nights. (Again the Game Show Network comes in handy here...)
Wow - this is sounding very complainy - sorry, not meaning to complain. She's absolutely wonderful and I'm so happy to have her.
On a funny side-note, My brother (James) and my sister (Penelope/Samantha) are currently serving missions. Whilst in the hospital I wrote them each an email about Jersi's arrival. My brother wrote back yesterday saying, "Stef, you sounded doped up on drugs! Were you? I hope you were cuz that's funny!" Hilarious! I was doped up on drugs - Morphine and percoce - when I wrote to him... Wonder what I said that clued him in... At least he realized it was the drugs talking and didn't assume it was just my retarded self. Hilarious.
P.S. Row (Kamron's dad) was down to see her yesterday and he said the best thing I've ever heard - he said she looks like me! I love it!! With the last two everyone has always said they look just like Kamron - so it's great that this one may quite possibly look like me (although I swear she looks like Oaks) Love it.
P.P.S. Sorry, still no pictures of Morrissa or Kimmi (who just showed up and moved back in on Saturday) holding Jersi. I'll hafta get on that.

1 comment:

Ara said...

I love the picture of her in her swing. She's sooo teeny tiny! She's absolutely adorable! All your kids are adorable.