Thursday, August 12, 2010

What Did Deleware? A New Jersi

Not sure how Kamron was good enough to get this picture as Dayton only had a 2 second attention span when he first met Jersi. I think he was confused and slightly disappointed that my belly was in fact not a ball.
Oaklee is thrilled to finally meet Jersi - although I'm pretty sure she always thought I was pretending there was a baby in my belly... (I love here that Dayton is trying so hard to get back up on my bed for Jersi part II)

Kyndi and Tate were up at their dad's house preparing to go to Montana this week so Gramma was nice enough to bring them down to meet their new sister.
A little blurry but cute nonetheless
Tate loves her already... In fact he was so excited he about pulled my IV outta my arm 3 times, about knocked Jersi in the head 3 or 4 times...about spilled my drink a few times... etc. He was a bundle of constant energy and could barely hold still. He was making me (and Kamron) more than a little nervous...

Um, Morrissa? Did you get to hold Jersi? Ha JK! I remember you hogged her, but somehow we have no picture of such things... sorry. we'll get one at home or something. Here's Tyson... He may very well have been the most excited for her to come. Almost everyday he'd make a comment such as "Why don't you go have the baby today?!" On monday (the 9th) I finally said, "The only way that'll happen is if my water breaks" and Voila! It happened. When Kam went to get him from football and told him my water had broke, he apparently said to his dad, "Come on, let's run to the car!" Oaks can't get enough. Isn't this just cute?! She climbs up onto the chair and peaks at her!
She adores her.
Dayton kept crawling up to "hold her" too - but everytime I went to take the cutest pictures, he'd be done before I could even blink, fortunately I finally got this one... but other picture opportunities included him kissing her head, him patting her tummy, and him holding her close to him and grinning from ear to ear.

So...do you all remember last year when I dressed all my kids in BYU clothes and got their pictures taken for Kamron's birthday? He was not a fan. He is a total U fan (and pretty much any team that plays BYU) He's given me flak ever since that I have brainwashed our children. So... When he came back to the hospital on tuesday after his much needed nap, he found these booties on Jersi:

He rushed to take this picture, and the first words out of his mouth were "I better call granny and grandpa Joe!" (The biggest U relatives of mine)
Not to worry though, I have not converted to the U frame of mind, nor am I allowing Jersi to fall into that... I figure it makes Kamron happy and she'll out grow them in a few weeks at which point the booties can find a new home in the trash. Ha ha!

My Gramma (Stella) came to visit me today (she brought her cute friend Norma with her) My Gramma is so cute! They visited for a while and as they were heading out the door my grandma made a discovery that I had no flowers in my room, she commented on this with some disappointment to her voice... next this I knew she was back with a vase of pretty pink carnations. She's so stinkin cute!! Kamron is in love. He just snuggles her the whole time he’s here at the hospital.
I love the size differences between him and her... I'll try to get one later that she's unwrapped in...

A few tidbits worth noting (that I don't have pictures of...)

At the end of my delivery I was given a shot of Morphine that lasts 24 hours, and then every 4 hours I was given Percocet as well... This resulted in my brain completely tripping out. Seriously. I;ve never felt so bizarre and dislocated from my brain in my life! And I did not enjoy it! Although in hindsight having 14 conversations at a time and thinking that my vcr had wheels like a skateboard is actually pretty funny! Poor Morrissa got left alone with me for a while... we'd be in the middle of a converwation and I'd either A-change topics mid-sentence and be completely confused over our topic, or B-Suddenly fall into a state of sleep/unconsciousness mid-sentence. For reals. It was trippy as heck! I stoped taking percocet while I still had the morphine in my system - and once that was gone I only took 1 percocet at a time rather than 2. Don't wanna feel like that ever again.

Durning my C-section, Kamron suddenly transformed into the Pillsbury Dough Boy! I am so sad that I have no pictures of this - He wouldn't allow it. The 'scrubs' the hospital had him suit up in to enter the OR were plain white and consisted of a one-piece coverall that zipped up the front, a white mask, a huge ol' white baker's hat and booties. Hilarious sight! I loved it. Kamron, not so much. Pretty sure they ended up in the trash the very second he took them off.

Dayton called me today on the phone.. okay technically Morrissa dialed for him - but when I answered, he shouted "Mommy!" Then he heard Jersi crying in the background and got all sorts of excited saying "baby" over and over. Then he babbled a series of sentences that included his excited little voice pretty much telling me to bring the baby home. So cute. Then he just kept giggling every time he heard her.
Next was Oaklee's turn to talk. She told me I should bring her home right now, I explained to her we hafta stay in the hospital for a few more days and she responded with “But she has a bed here” Cute cute cute. It'll be a great adventure taking her home I am certain...

Jersi looks just like Oaklee did when she was a teeny-tiny. In fact, its getting me all confused - I keep calling her Oaklee.

The first day She was born, Jersi did nothing but squeak these meek little squeaks - I started calling her squeaker. kamron even commented that she's so quiet and doesn't even cry... Boy were we wrong!! If you don't attend to her the very moment she feels you should she works herself into a frenzy!! Her face turns almost purple - the cute things is though, the screaming cry itself is still pretty muted and quiet.
Yesterday Kamron took Tona to the store with him to get a few grocery items and apparently Dayton got all excited thinking they were going to get me. "Go get mommy?!" Poor kid is probably so confused. Then later Kamron asked him "Where's mom?" "At Wurt" (work) so cute!! I miss those littles!

No comments: