Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

So I finally got Jersi to go to sleep this morning around 7. I wasted no time and went right to sleep myself. Problem with this is - I was so asleep I never got up with my kiddos who all headed off to school on their own. (What a horrible mother I am)
But here's where the morning intensifies (and the true point of this blog)
at a few minutes before 8 AM I got a phone call from Kimmi's cell. Weird, Her school should already be in session, so I groggily answered it. (Is groggily a word?) Kimmi was indeed on the other end and she said this very thing, "Hi, I got hit by a car and you need to come sign the papers with the ambulance so they can release me to go to school." Hang on, what?!?!?! Yep -
I heard her correctly! The ambulance lady got on the phone and told me Kimmi's okay - she just got clipped - she has a skinned knee but she is okay. I just needed to go sign the release forms.
I headed down there where the police officer explained that Kimmi had crossed at not the right moment. She did not in fact have the right of way. (apparently we need to teach our children to use the cross-walk buttons, and wait for it to give them the green walk signal before proceeding across the road) The old man that hit her is 87 years old and he was completely frazzled (and understandably so) He was so stinkin cute bless his heart. It wasn't his fault but he just kept apologizing to me and offering to drive her to school or drive her bike home for me. I told him I could load it in my suburban - no big deal and I could give Kimmi a ride to school. I told him to go get himself a donut or something, that his day could only get better from here. His reaction "Oh no, it'll get worse when I tell my wife what happened!" He chuckled at that. So cute!! Poor old man!
At one point Kimmi handed me a wet napkin and I jokingly commented "Is this your snot rag?!" The man thought I was hilarious and he punched me in the arm and said "You smart aleck!" Hilarious!
Anywho - Kimmi is 100% totally fine. I told her it'll make for a good story to tell everyone. We got her checked into school and all is well - but I don't think she'll live this down anytime soon. Pretty sure her dad and siblings are going to give her grief.
Wow - what a morning. Just glad she wasn't hurt anymore than that.

No comments: