Friday, December 12, 2008

And the Award Goes To...


He did it!! He finally did it!! Win the lottery? No. Hit a home run? No. Got first place in the science fair? No. Won the Nobel Peace Prize? Still waiting on the results on that one... No no no, Dayton has finally slept through the night! Two nights in a row now!! I know, I realize I may be jumping the gun here and getting a little too excited too soon, but he didn't just simply sleep through the night, he slept 9+ hours both times!!!

All my other children have slept through the night no later than 2 - 3 months old. Dayton is 5 months old and I was starting to get frustrated. He is such a good baby but sleeping is not his strong suit. In fact he has mostly had days and nights totally confused for the majority of his life. Most nights were spent in two hour sleeping intervals with about 45 minutes of awake - party time. (Or so he thought) He never wanted to miss out on any of the nightime action (there never was any... but if there had been he wanted to be extra certain he was a part of it. Then about a week ago he started a 3-hour sleep cycle, and would go right back to sleep after eating. Then suddenly this week he came to the depressing conclusion that nighttime is boring as all heck and he might as well sleep through it. I am tickled pink. (or purple or whatever other color tickles your fancy). This better be a long-term accomplishment, not just a simple test-run of his.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I would love to be tickled lime green. Anyway, Stef, where is your blog about the house? I'm waiting..