Saturday, December 6, 2008

Its always more entertaining when Kamron is around...


Have any of you ever played Scattergories??? It may very well be my favorite game. It requires lots of thinking, in a short amount of time. But I love it even better when Kamron plays it.

Let me explain the basics of the game to you: There's a big ol' funky shaped dice with letters on it. You roll the dice to determine what letter you hafta use on this round. Then you have a list of 12 items (example: Boys name, historical figure, book title, item found in a purse, things in the ocean, etc.) and you have a 1 minute time frame to fill out as many of those items that start with the letter rolled as possible (How many of you have I lost at this point??) After the round is complete everybody has to name their answers and each player get points awarded accordingly...

I really enjoy playing this game, I have for years now (like 10 years)... I recently introduced it to Kamron and my kids as an option to play for game hour. What a riot!! The kids have a difficult time with some of the items but Kamron, wow, he makes this game hilarious!!!

Last night we played and one of the items on our list was "Type of dance" and the letter was 'W' good answers would include 'western' and 'waltz' but on Kamron's list he put "Wax on Wax off" What the heck?!?! I laughed so hard.

Another item was: Tropical Locations and the letter was still 'W' (I put Waikiki) Kamron put Washington. What? I said: "Thats not tropical, it snows there" He said: "Not in the summer" "Items in a souveneir shop" (Still W) He put "Wombat." Do you see where I am going here? He always finishes his lists but many items are so off the wall it cracks me up!

Seriously, maybe you just hafta know him for any of this to be funny, but seriouly, he cracks me up. I mean really, who puts "Wax on Wax off" as a dance style?! (I gave him the points though, for originality) ...Just one of the 5 kazillion reasons I love that guy so much.... (kazillion is a number right?)
Update: Lasat night's best answer from Kamron: Item was 'flower' letter was 'c' He put "Caula" (Caula-flower)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that game!!! Those are some pretty original answers!!! He sounds like he would definitely be fun to play the game with. :)

Rachel Banks said...

Give him the points 'cause he sounds hilarious.