Monday, December 1, 2008

What I Did this Weekend:


This is my house and its lovely decor in the daytime.




Here it is at nightime. Oaklee is amazed that it lights up at night.


This is our tree (obviously) The kids decorated it all by themselves, lights and all. a large portion of the bottom doesn't have lights, and the top third doesn't either. (I'll hafta get a nightime picture of it tonight...) They had a blast though.
They are all thoroughly excited about the presents underneath. Check it out, there are a ton, and that's only one side of the tree. (If you look closely you'll see where Oaklee hid Daytons bottle the other day...)
At our house, Santa brings one big gift and fills their stocking, and then the remainder of the presents are from me and Kamron. Its fun that way, cuz we get to watch their excitement as they open each one. This gets tricky though, especially with 6 kids...
They all think they hafta have the exact same amount of presents as everyone else, it doesn't matter how much I spent, just how many. I should not complain though, because this saves me a lot of money. So some of the presents are much cheaper than others.
Last year I had a different color of wrapping paper for each kid, this year no individual wrapping jobs, in fact they don't even have tags to tell them whose is whose. This keeps them guessing and speculating all month. Its fun. (And no worries, I have secretly written names on the bottom of each one) Now they are all wrapped and under the tree. 9 each times 6 kids plus 3 for Kamron, thats 57 presents. Wow, we're spoiled (or at least we give that appearance)

1 comment:

Rachel Banks said...

You are making me look really bad. I haven't even started shopping yet. You are one amazing woman!