Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally a Christmas post...

There are many things to tell you about Christmas.


I'll start right here. --> e

First off, I've already written about both Kyndi and Morrissa's dance performances, but let me tell you about Oaklee's performances... Yes, Oaklee is only 19 months old, but she has Kyndi's 'Frosty the Snowman' routine memorized. At every Christmas party we attended this year Kyndi would put on her little tap shoes and do her dance for everyone. She was always quickly overshadowed though by Oaklee, who rushed at the chance to dance too. She'd stand right up next to Kyndi and do the routine. It was so stinkin cute!! There were a couple parts she couldn't do real well so she'd improvise either by jumping (she "jumps" by lifting one leg high in the air and stomping it down) or stand with her head on the floor (two hands and a head on the floor, make sense??) She's such a character! And at one party, she wouldn't leave the stage, she just kept dancing to no music and no audience, but she didn't notice, she thought she was the center of everyone's attention. Here are the pictures of her stealing the show:


At my mom's Christmas party on Christmas Eve, we had a special visitor and everyone got a chance to sit on his lap (even Kamron):

Oaklee was not a fan of Santa




Kamron said maybe Santa should have sat on his lap


This is when Santa first walked in, it freaked Kyndi right out

...My camera was nice enough to allow the batteries to die right as Dayton's turn came up - so I am patiently awaiting an email from my sister with such pictures... when those arrive I will post them...

Also at my mom's party the kids re-enacted the Nativity scene (and by kids I mean, my kids and all my brother's and sisters...except maybe Sharli who had her wisdom teeth removed on the 23rd. I know, perfect timing, right at Christmas time):




I had to throw this one in there because she's does the craziest smiles for the camera (This is Kyndi being an angel, and she's wearing her fairy-princess wings)


This is where Oaklee stole the Baby Jesus

Christmas day I'm not sure what exactly happened but I have no pictures. The three oldest kids all got Nintendo DS's from Santa, Kyndi got an FP3 player (this is a fisher price brand mp3 player - it's awesome!) Oaklee got a baby and a stroller and Dayton got an Excer-saucer. The kids were ecstatic! We did finally go wake up Oaklee to see and open her presents, and when she saw her baby and stroller she couldn't have cared less about any other presents. We finally convinced her to come open her presents and she insisted on bringing her baby with her to sit on her lap. She finally got all her presents opened and she was so overjoyed that she left them all there and went and played with the seatbelt to her carseat that was in the house at the time.

...Oh wait, apparently I puled out my camera at some point, here are pictures of Dayton in his Saucer...

If I were to tell you I got a gift from Kamron that makes my arm hurt, what would you guess it to be?? Wrong. He gave me a Wii. I love it!!! We were playing the bowling game almost all of Christmas day and both our arms were mega sore the next day. Also with my Wii I got Mario Kart with 2 steering wheels, so we have race competitions with all the kids. Thats fun too. Kamron got a bunch of random stuff from me, but none of it even compares to the coolness of my Wii.


We have run into a Wii complication though... Jonathan gave Kamron a new Tomb Raider game for Christmas and ever since the 26th of December (when he opened and began playing) He has been glued to the tv playing that game, I'm talking wakes up, plays it, finally gets around to eating somethin, plays it, eats dinner, plays some more, until I finally remind him its late and time for bed... So I therefore only get to play my Wii in the early morning hours when the babies have woken me up and Kamron is still sleeping.


Okay, enough about Christmas for now. I still have many things to say, and my New Years Resolutions to write, but for now Kamron is pleading for me tpo help him figure out something on his game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, we've debated getting Tomb Raider for more a strategy game then fun, makes your arm hurt game. But then we found Rock Band and we're hooked to that. I can't believe you didn't have the camera out snapping pics! Even I did, only because I got a new camera for my birthday and had to try it out. We need to meet up again this January and go to a movie.

Rachel Banks said...

Looks like fun! I can't imagine Christmas with 6 kids!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas!!!